1. Coaches should always show
respect for the competitive facility in which they are competing
and are responsible to ensure their athletes abide by all
rules of the host institution. This includes deck changing,
which is strictly prohibited.
2. Coaches should conduct themselves in a manner that brings respect to their institution and the conference, understanding their responsibility as an educator and a role model for their athletes. Profanity is prohibited at all times, as is the consumption of alcoholic beverages or use of tobacco products in the facility.
3. Coaches may discuss calls with
officials in a respectful manner at the appropriate time.
Discussions with officials after a game should take place in a
location removed from spectators and players.
4. Coaches are expected to demonstrate good sportsmanship, adhering to the tenets of the CWPA Sportsmanship statement in its entirety. At no time may coaches publicly criticize officials.
5. Coaches should maintain a professional demeanor in appearance, abiding by the dress code: collared shirt, shoes or sandals, pants or shorts (no jeans or T-shirts).
6. Coaches are prohibited from all forms of illegal gambling and from making wagers on the sport of water polo and other collegiate sports.